Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Frigid


Frigid, originally uploaded by dr.r.lam.

"Devoid of Warmth"
--- Fingal Head, QLD ---
210sec, f/8.0, ISO100, 17mm

Shot at Fingal Head Queensland, when Amy and I were at Science Week (Australian College of Veterinary Scientists Conference).

I hired a car and drove an hour to this site to find it raining and pitch black! Fortunately by the time the sun came up the rain had died off.

This is a long (210sec) exposure using my older Hoya 400ND (which I believe is an 8-stop equivalent). I also had recently acquired Lee filters (specifically a 0.9 (or 3-stop) hard GND), which I found helped dramatically with the skyline.

I think the cooler white balance helps with the illusion of ice and freezing temerpatures.

These are the kinds of pictures that I will be learning more about at Brent Pearson's workshop (http://brentbat.wordpress.com/seascape-workshop/). I'd love to learn how to properly post-process these. When I get better at these, expect to see a lot more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment